Monday, March 1, 2010

More photos...






Today I finally had news about my brothers. They are all right, as well as their families. I haven't been able to talk to them because communications are still a big issue there. I haven't heard from my niece who lives in Concepcion, though...
The south of Chile is still struggling for water and food. No electricity yet.
A friend of mine, who has her family in Constitucion, send me an article from one of the Chilean newspapers and it says than half of the 700 people dead are from this city.
Constitución is located in the VII Región. Yesterday, all the bodies found floating in that area were taken to a gym that was been used as an improvised mortuary building, for people to go and recognise them. Every half and hour there were 2 or 3 dead bodies coming to the building.

Isla Orrego, in front of Constitución, is another point of concern because the night of the earthquake, there were about 500 people camping. Most of them haven't been found...

No comments:

Post a Comment